Director Colin Trevorrow attends the premiere of Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm’s ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ at the Dolby Theatre on December 14, 2015 in Hollywood, California.
Colin Trevorrow will no longer direct “Star Wars: Episode IX.”
The split was mutual, Lucasfilm said in a statement.
“Colin has been a wonderful collaborator throughout the development process but we have all come to the conclusion that our visions for the project differ,” Lucasfilm said.
The company, which is owned by Disney, said it would announce more information about “Episode IX” soon. “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” the eighth episode in the series, is due this December.
Trevorrow, who directed and helped write the global blockbuster “Jurassic World,” was also slated to help write the script for the ninth episode of the Skywalker saga. It’s unclear whether he would maintain a writing credit. “Star Wars: Episode IX” is scheduled to be released on May 24, 2019.
Disney and Lucasfilm parted ways with Han Solo directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller earlier this summer for creative differences. Oscar-winning director Ron Howard took over duties on that film, which is due next year.